Friday, September 15, 2006

You need some paragraphs in that last post Grundy, lost my place every time I blinked!

I understand what your saying mate, and everyone appreciates your input and commitment to pre-season, and last year (inc. Newquay T-Shirts etc), you took some good training sessions and ran the friendlys well. There was obviously some confusion over what part you were expecting/expected to play after pre-season - but that's obviously between you and Smurf.

I will say that I heard a lot of moaning coming from the side of the pitch while I was warming up, ok you came down to support the team, but talking to players, especially the new ones about unrest within the camp before a game isn't very helpful to game preparation! Also puts the club in bad light to the new players, as if this happens a lot, when in fact this is the first time we've had problem since I signed for Shefford. One thing I've always loved about Shefford is the team spirit amongst the squad, which unfortunately has been slightly lacking over the last year or so, but we're slowly getting it back....

I think it came as a shock to everyone when you left, no one expected it, nor wanted it. But it was a decision you made, and I'm not sure why you were expecting people to call you to change your mind. If you weren't positive you wanted to leave, there were many other ways you could have tackled the problem.

No one feels threatened by you coming to watch games! Or if they do, your welcome to every game. You saw the 11-0 performance - take any credit from that game you want!

We're all mates, nothings changed - I for one don't mind if you want to watch games, although if your signing for The Red House I'd imagine your be occupied most Sundays, running the line etc....

It's blown over as far as I'm concerned and I'm looking forward to a good season ahead.


(This is where we shake hands....Acccccch - spit - Shake!)

P.s. The running the line comment was a joke! Maybe...

No, it was really....!

Bye.