Thursday, September 14, 2006

I've never spoken to anyone about why they were on the bench??? Especially not the new lads.
And i didn't want to run the team your right. I have absolutely no problems with the way smurf runs the team or his decisions. And i am not bitter about what has happened either, i have told smurf in person about my dissapointment from the other weekend, i felt that i had been asked to pick the teams in our friendlies before and tactics which i had happely done but then in the first game i wasn;t even told to my face i was on the bench. Again i don't mind fighting for a place or being on the bench but i did feel pushed out of the frame after pre-season. At half time and before the game i wasn't even asked if i wanted to add anything into the team talk. Which again is fair enough, thats smurfs decision. But i expected to at least of been given an apology for not getting 5 minutes or an explanation as to why i wasn't considered. Especially as last season other people had. I felt like i wasn't needed in the team and i have explained all of this to smurf. I had a week to think about it and calm down at which point i thought maybe if i was still wanted within the setup then i might have had a call but i didn't so i feel i have no choice but to leave. I came down on sunday to cheer the team on and i haven't spoken to any of the new lads about being a sub or anything else for that matter. I was annoyed that on sunday some of the more senior players ignored me and didn't even ackowledge i was there especially after last season and the build up to this one. I wish the team all the success this year but at no point have i ever tried to destabalise the team. Maybe people should ask Wayne what my opinion is on this if you think i want to take players away from the team. You'll find its quite the opposite.
Anyway rant is over. thanks.