Wednesday, November 10, 2004

In all honesty, Genghis did a job on me by starting with the line "We're 3-0 up but we've got two players with broken legs." Now I thought that that meant there were two Shefford players with broken legs, which meant that Dave Crabbe had to be involved in it somewhere, even if he wasn't one with a bust bone - so I figured something must have happened in the midfield area.

Naturally I didn't really want any of our players injured and hoped that Genghis had in fact just got mistaken and in fact we were 3-0 up and then he just meant to stop talking. Sadly not.

However when it turned out that only one bust leg was on our side then because my expectations were worse, I almost felt some relief. Whoever it turned out to be it would still be a complete nightmare, just we have one goalie (none now) and 17 midfielders.

But it's up to you guys to bounce back on Sunday and not let it get into your heads. Think about the number of minutes you've spent on a pitch and the number of times you've seen something like that. The odds are very low. You've got more chance pulling a page 3 girl. Not you John.