Wednesday, June 13, 2007

There's no game on the Saturday. I don't think the other team could get a team together, Dave Screw sorted out the opportunity for us lot all to get an astro-turf pitch for a coupla hours but it was quite a way out of town and I figured it could be a bad move with weather/hangover/fatigue/etc...

So at the moment a nearby water park is looking like the best option for Saturday daytime - I'll text everyone to tell them to bring something to get wet in. It'll then be good even if the weather's not ideal because it still looks warm-ish maybe just with a shower now and then and we'll be wet anyway - might just keep the place not absolutely jam-packed.



If it's way hot/way busy then we can always just get a cricket set or a footy and head down to one of the parks near the seafront.

If it's absolutely shit weather then an all-afternoon pub visit may well be the only solution, or a sea-fishing excursion for those who can handle it. Take the fish to a curry house and go "there you go my man, make that into a chicken madras".

A for Smurfy's text. I got it too, but that shouldn't really allay any fears about being pre-dropped from the squad. As far as I'm aware we have no drop-outs at this point. Gareth is certainly up for it, asking when training is starting up again, I guess we can all have a chat about that at the weekend.

I know of one potential addition to the squad but a) he'll have to be pretty damn good and b) I don't think Smurfy's particularly on the look out for anyone else at this point given the size/quality of the existing squad.