Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Only one game played at the weekend - Shalbourne 13 - 2 Meadway.





Leaves the league table looking like this:-



So still pretty healthy. However, it does mean that we have now not scored the most goals in the league. Shalbourne are on 70 to our 57. I know they've played 3 more games than us but it's still embarassing.

The other thing that my whizzy league-table-calculation-excel-spreadsheet tells me is that that result puts Meadway out of contention - it is now mathematically impossible for them to win the league.

However, it does show an angry chasing pack of Berks Arms, Q Ass and Shalbourne, which is worse than having one main rival in my opinion, cos if we drop points to any of them the others will be there waiting. Just have to keep our focus. That's not helped by all these postponed games but it's the same for everyone.

Bring on whoever plays us next weather permitting. I think the next game is due to be home to Post Office Reserves but with rain prediced for a lot of this week we'll have to see... I hope it's on cos I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.