Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's okay Matty I've got gloves and I think that the match part of it all will be some 5-a-side matches against the cons and against each other so we can probably rotate keepers.

I'm a bit gutted that I'm going on holiday cos I'm feeling the fittest I've felt for some years at the moment but am avoiding playing in case of holiday-threatening injury. That said, if it weren't for the upcoming holiday I probably wouldn't be working so hard to get fit (better air consumption = longer/deeper dives).

The good thing is, that because we dive we don't tend to spend every night getting off our faces (diving + hangover = unpleasant and possible death) so over the two matches that I miss while I'm away, my fitness levels shouldn't drop too much. So when I get back I may well start pushing for a more regular spot on the bench or better.

But until then it's bring on the convicts. Sillsy (and this is no joke) - Dave The Screw explained that the cons he chooses to train with us and play against us are more likely to be the lifers as they're more settled into prison life. Great eh?