Saturday, October 28, 2006

You know, on Thursday night I got to Henwick early. Two reasons, one so I could set up all the cones and stuff so we could go through some stuff without too much waiting around, the other so that I could do some fitness work myself first. I'm fitter than I've been for some time but still behind where I'd need to be if I want to be effective if I come on as a sub.

So I thought I'd go for the big one, one complete lap of Henwick. Set off at the corner of the car park near the entrance gate and went right around, down to the road, along to near the garden centre, up the side, up the hill and around the rugby pitch at the top, around the back where we train then back to the car park.

It took 6 minutes. I was gutted. I didn't even go particularly fast, it's just not as far as it looks. I was just getting into my rhythm when I came to the end. The thought of going round again was just too depressing.

Running is dull.