Friday, September 15, 2006

Hi Beeny,

Everything you said is right and fair.

It seems that maybe people's understanding of what their input would be didn't necessarily match with other people's and that caused some friction, which is a shame.

Sadly, whatever anyone says they heard/said or didn't hear/say, there was some sniping going on. Dunno whether you noticed but I had to walk away from you and Grundy during the Buckleberry game because of what I was hearing and seeing. Thought it was out of order.

But as I said earlier, these things are better off out in the open and I hate holding grudges - life's too short. Hopefully we can all look each other in the eye now and move on from it. And on that note I think I owe Grundy an explanation about the Bucklebury game as we haven't really spoken since...

Start: Smurf was going to ask you to do the subs in the second half but by pure coincidence Macca handed you the flag to go and run the line. I fully expected you to get someone else to do the line but fair play to you you took it without complaining. Sadly for you, that left Smurf without his right hand man so, knowing that I've done it in the past, he asked me if I would do it.

When the time came to make the subs I'd been having a good look at the game and felt that we were starting to take control, creating more and more chances and they were starting to tire. So I felt that pace would be our best option. I had Miller, Macca and yourself to choose from, so I plumped for Macca and Miller to put a bit of firepower into the team. Absolutely no detriment to you whatsoever. There was no negative thoughts towards you at all in that decision. If we'd been getting over run in midfield or been struggling to get the ball forward with any quality, I'd have stuck you on there and left Miller out. Simple as that.

I hope you believe me in that there was no malice in the decision. Everything above is exactly how it happened and how I thought about it. :End

Now, can we please all grow up a bit, we're men not boys and this sort of thing does morale and team spirit no good at all. Hopefully it hasn't affected the youngsters too much already. Like I said above, I don't bear grudges and it's better to judge a person by their actions in the present rather than what might have happened in the past. I would hope that there'll be no problems with Smurf giving Grundy his signing on fee back and doing whatever transfer documents are necessary for the league - absolutelt no reason for us to be awkward or make things difficult.

Big deep breath, nice cold beer, and there we are.