Thursday, July 20, 2006

Right, as far as I can tell, this is the full list of players who played more than one game for us last season...

Smurf
Woody
Hilly
Tony
Genghis
Dave F
Beeny
JT
Grundy
Sillsy
Adam
Matt
Dan
Crabbeman
Rob
Browny
Neil
Shane
Miller
Dave

We need your votes for Players' Player. Looks like this season's voting will be limited to Players' Player, Manager's Player and anything else that Smurf wants to do.

If you can text me your votes for first, second and third please.

Personally it's not an easy decision for me, partly because of the number of games I missed and partly because of the quality produced. (Those games I was actually out on the pitch my body had shut down vision as a way of conserving blood supply for more vital body functions like breathing.)

That said, there still has to be a Players' Player and in matches and seasons where it's just not going our way and everyone's feeling like they'd rather just not be there, there's a lot to be said for being the best player out there rather than switching off.

So treat the vote seriously and once they're all in we'll get together for a curry or something.

You can text or email me your votes. If you know anyone who should vote but doesn't have my contact details, give them them. If I've missed anyone off the list of players then I apologise!