Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I've only seen photos of the stamp, not a video replay. Have to admit I didn't think it was a sending off at the time but if he's stamped on someone, or even attempted to, then it's a straight red.

And I don't blame Ronaldo so much cos if one of their players had stamped on one of ours then our players would have been having a go at the ref as well. I saw a quick replay though of Ronaldo "headnudging" Rooney to wind him up earlier in the game so they obviously had a game plan to get Rooney sent off, and the silly bugger fell for it.

And when everyone went for Beckham after the Argentina sending off it was because he represented everything that was bad about Man U at the time, the arrogance of what he did. Whereas these days Man U suck and nobody gives a damn about them, so Rooney will get off much more lightly. Shame really, as Beckham sorted himself out after that and, until recently, was an even better player than he might have been if he hadn't been villified like that. So I'm burning my Rooney effigy tonight at Henwick if anyone's interested, in the hope that we then win Euro 2008...