Friday, July 14, 2006

The best thing for me was that everybody pitched in, nobody shirked a single bit and even the new boys just got on with stuff, took the press up 'punishments' well and gave it their all in the shuttle runs and sprints. It's okay having a 'tactical approach' to those final sprints like Matt, Dave and Tony tried, but if you think that by resting one you'll win the next one you've got another thing coming :-)

But yeah, it was a good first session proper and I think that with the combination of fitness and team building stuff from my good self and Grundy doing his more technical stuff everybody will really see the benefit going into the season.

I noticed that in some of the worst games last season we looked really bad technically so I look forward to doing Grundy's bits - sorry I can't be there next Thursday, I have a boat trip on the Thames...