Thursday, June 22, 2006

Cheers Beeny, very informative - it's funny how some of the teams are just lapdogs to the committee. I never want to argue for the sake of it but I hope we never become that sterile - it's only Sunday football gents...

Gutted though, kind of had a hope that we'd be allowed to stay in Div 1 somehow but that hasn't happened. We'll have to see what the quality of Div 2 is like - though I know we'll all whip ourselves up into a frenzy about how we're gonna win it easily... No point saying we shouldn't do that cos we will anyway.

And obviously at some point we need to work out what's going on with ourselves. I haven't had a conversation with Smurf to see whether he wants to carry on and don't know whether there's anyone else wanting to stick their name in the hat.

Going by unwritten rules the team should vote each season, but we could be in a sticky position if Smurf doesn't want to do it again this year and there's no one else wanting to either.

I know there was some discussion on the Friday in Newquay but I wasn't there and I guess it was interspersed with "I fucking love you", "You're a complete fuck" and other such drunken ramblings :-)

Maybe shortly after the World Cup has finished we should have a night out beginning with a quiet sit down somewhere where we work it all out. Been a long time since we all sat down in Uncle Henry's and voted Dave Jones in...