Friday, March 17, 2006

Thank you Mikey, and thank you Hilly for your songs of rejoice. I am indeed a jolly good fellow and there's really no need for the bumps. John Lamb appears to think that I turned 39, though I think it was just a sly move to make Megan think I am over the hill and too old for her. I am, but just not that far over the hill... It was a good move.

33 does look a lot older than 32 though, it's not a good number. I'm told that life begins at 40, so I've got 7 years to prepare for it. Can't help thinking that wasting 20 years of it in "education" was a mistake. Reckon if I'd spent that amount of time with a football instead that I'd be a hell of a lot richer and not working quite the same hours.

Ah well. If I can average a goal per appearance this season I'll stay happy. And my goals this season all have the same thing in common, pure quality...