Monday, January 23, 2006

Yeah it's no shame losing 3-2 to the top team. Just a shame that the top team really aren't that convincing - I reckon if our start of the season had been only slightly different that we'd be up there competing and that makes it a lot easier when you're 3-1 down to motivate yourself to get back into it.

But if we're losing by one goal to them (and being damn unlucky not to have given them a real turning over - imagine of those first few chances we'd had had all gone in, they'd have been blown apart) then we don't really need to fear anyone else in the league, we just need to find that motivation during the 90 minutes, especially if we go behind, we seem to drop our heads very easily at the moment.

And Miller doesn't need to be scared for his place, he showed a few touches of brilliance in the first half and was just bizarrely unlucky not to score twice in the first 45 minutes. I came on, got knackered running over to the ref to tell him my name, got caught offside twice, fell over for a penalty (not fair to call it a dive, even I was laughing on the way down) then tried to get in the way of a Dave Lewis shot, then hassled a defender with my last breaths and as the ball spilled out I had no energy to run with it so had a dig and my god what a dig!

Dunno how it looked to the average by-stander (our defence) :-) but I kind of caught it right and it looped up and curled in, dipping snugly under the bar. A bit further to the right it would have looked better, proper top corner job, but I was happy enough. Nice to make their keeper look stupid cos he was a gobby bastard.