Monday, January 09, 2006

It's 6-a-side. But your point remains the same. A little harder to stretch to two teams of 6 but we should be able to do it. The last one I ever played in was just before I became manager and was held at Lambourn Sports Ground. It was great fun and Shefford B as we were called somehow found ourselves in the semi final, only went out on a golden goal as well. So I'm all for it.

That time we put players into positions and drew positions out of a hat in order that there was no real A or B team as such - just stopped anyone feeling that they were shit. The A team as they were, were actually shit, but no one told them. It's a fun day out after all.

I'm not paying £112 just to avoid a nice drive down to Newquay when the weekend is gonna cost enough in booze anyway. The traffic wasn't brilliant last year but it wasn't that bad, plus now I've got my new faster car and an iPod to go in it I'm almost looking forward to the drive, even if I do get stuck in traffic...

"Hey cutie, (beep beep), off surfing in Newquay for the weekend in my Audi TT. Where're you heading?"

"Fack off you nonce"

(sound of window winding back up)

Mebbe I'll fly.