Monday, September 26, 2005

My bloody legs ache! I'm still carrying a bit of holiday weight I think.

Everyone deserves a lot of credit for yesterdays performance. We set out a plan before the game to close them down quickly and give them no time on the ball, and everyone worked to try and do it.

Our style wasn't exactly pretty and was a little route one, but it was obvious that was causing them a lot a problems, and they struggled with my pace (!!), so it was working for us.

Superb performance from the big scouser in the middle of the park, won every 50/50 and 60/40 against. Almost got in one fight, but then he always does!

I can see how they scored goals to win the league last year, there two strikers were
very quick and potentially pretty skillful, although the defense didn't allow them time to try anything.

Maybe a cup run on the cards... I bloody hope so!