Thursday, September 15, 2005

Mr Lamb, good to see your name in, well, darks, on my screen. 6-1 is quite a malling, but you get those games now and then. Like Johnny says, we've lost our first two games, but both only by a goal a piece. Personally I think it's down to individuals taking it too easy (me included in the first match cos I was the first who had to come off) but time will tell.

Training last night was a bit of a waste of time cos a) only 10 people there b) Reading lot got stuck in traffic (not their fault at all) and didn't get there til about 7.20pm and c) it started getting too dark to play before 8pm. So I think we all agreed it's time to either take it indoors or move to Henwick and make use of the diffusion of the floodlights.

I think we've got the quality to have won both the opening games in only very slightly different circumstances. But it's a marathon not a sprint, I think it's gonna be one of those seasons where everybody beats everybody. Has anybody noticed there's a team called "Paggies Bar"? What's all that about?

Be good to see you on Sunday John - I'm supposed to be diving but am trying to get out of it. Don't think I'll be able to but I'll give it a try. If I'm not there then at least try and notch a few goals.