Monday, September 19, 2005

I was 100% convinced mate - I could have stood there in front of the entire Shefford squad plus old boys with you all agreeing that they were in no way related and would still have held my view that they were brothers.

I have no idea where it came from but that's just been how it has been since Robbie Keane first came on the scene. I can even hear Motty in my head saying "...against his brother Roy..." when Spurs played Man Utd.

It's not a nice thing having to admit to a girl that she's right about something footy related and I'm wrong. Thankfully for me that girl was Julie who does at least have a respectable understanding of the game. Thing is, until I can once again be right about something that she's wrong about, she kind of 'wears the football pants' in the family because my error was so horrifically off-target. Therefore, she is coming to training on Wednesday in my place and is starting up front alongside Dale on Sunday cos Genghis bet that he could kick a ball straighter than she could...