Thursday, August 04, 2005

Enjoyed that last night, quite satisfying to just twat a ball at a goal for a while, even if you don't actually hit the target or the building behind the target, it's all good practice.

Nice to hear opinions on the friendly too, as most people agreed with each other that on the whole the performance was good and that Miller is going to be a strong addition to the side, not only providing his own assets but bringing some of the best out of Dave too. Fitness is fitness so I wouldn't worry too much about losing shape towards the end.

I've always thought that fitness has too effects - one is obvious, being the ability to get from point A to point B at the same speed you could at the beginning of the game, but the other is the mental aspect of fitness in that when you're body is fagged out your decision making goes to pot meaning, amongst other thing, loss of positional sense (or less positional sense, not as though everyone just starts wandering around in the road).

And I know I won that second sprint last night cos Rob called it but Smurfy wanted to punish me. That's ok I'm an easy target.

See you all next week.