Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Yeah I've had the same thing where I've typed out a humorous little post but then it freezes up and either doesn't post it or posts it twice.

Not much to say about Sunday really, other than it could have been more entertaining for those of us on the sidelines. Funny old season really, we've not produced anything like the quality we have for the last two seasons, we've been completely inconsistent and when we've been bad we've ben very bad, but then we've had some great results as well - Kennet, who we beat in the Bowness Cup (and deserved to) have reached the final of the Lambourn Cup (the Prem Div cup competition) and the semis of the Benevolent Cup (although that might mean that they won one game).

But it's all good experience. Bit of a shame, because I think the quality of Div One this season was sufficient for us to have won it if we'd got a bit of momentum behind us at the beginning of the season - I don't think Partick or Vodafone are that much better than us at all.

There you go, 4th, 5th or 6th place probable finish isn't actually that bad, and Kennet were in 4th place when they got hoisted up to the Prem division so lets hope that doesn't happen this season...

As for Newquay - just sorting out arrangements and finding out how much deposit they actually want. I've got a list of 17 names as follows:-

John Sills
Smurf
Browny
Beeny
Crabbeman
Peter Kay (aha ha ha...)
Dave Lewis
Matt
Adam
Jamie
Paul
Neil
Rob Stronach
Ashley
Shane
Genghis
Tony
Crossy

So that is what I'm intending to book. If anyone drops out then you will lose your deposit (whatever that is) - as these guys don't seem as flexible as the lot at the Gynway. If anyone else wants to come then fine but I can't guarantee you'll be in the same accommodation as us, might have to find a room yourself.

As for travel, I imagine the train journey will be expensive, but will avoid the traffic/country lanes - the main problem we seem to be finding with the trains is that there are no fucking trains. For example, if I leave Southampton at 2.10pm on the Friday afternoon, I can get to Newquay station for 10am Saturday morning. Useful? I think not. I should give up on the train idea if I were you and sort out cars.

I know there was talk about renting a minibus, but let's face it, who's gonna rent it, who's gonna drive it and who's gonna be happy in the back with Genghis driving? Exactly.

Sorry I can't offer anyone a lift but I'm driving from Southampton and then going back to Torquay on the way back.

As soon as I've confirmed the room booking I'll get us booked up for some surfing lessons on the Saturday. Browny, if you don't behave on Friday night again then you won't be able to come surfing ok?