Monday, April 18, 2005

Really enjoyed that friendly yesterday, it was played in good spirit and for the thrown-together team that we put out (two of their players had to play for us and somebody who'd only come along to watch so he could have a beer after as well,k and Stevie Tab) we managed to put 4 goals past a Premier team's defence. And Stevie Tab notched one of those, almost got 2.

Couple of their goals were well offside (we had no linesmen) and a couple of howlers in the defence cos it was a friendly and unfamiliar players and stuff, but 8-4 final score wasn't too bad at all. If they come down we will need to be good but shouldn't over-fear them.

As for me, I got 90 minutes in centre mid due to the players we had available. I certainly played as an attacking midfielder but did track back when really needed. I ache all over today but I never felt like I couldn't carry on during the game, so the fitness must be working.

And for those who are interested, Beeny and I linked up beautifully for our third goal, though it was left for Stevie T to finish. And I got a good look at the guy from the Post Office team who's keen to sign for us next season - good striker, makes good strong runs and wants the ball, isn't afraid to shoot and, more importantly, can get the ball in the net. I think with him and Dave Lewis up front most defences won't enjoy playing against us.