Friday, October 29, 2004

Sorry I culdn't make it to training last night lads - Genghis took great pleasure in dropping me for this week's match (even though I can't be there anyway).

Good luck on Sunday against Travellers Friend, just remember it's a 90 minute match. You saw how they reacted to going a goal down, but you know their strikers will keep plugging away at you for the full 90 no matter what. You know you can score against them and you know you can keep them out for long periods of time too, so just try and stay switched on and do not under any circumstances let them get you riled. If they're winding you up then you won't win by having a go back at them, you'll win by not doing that. Once you get into the whole "You're gay" "No you're gay" argument it's hard to see a clear winner, but if you get the "You're gay"...









...argument then you'll find you come out on top. I couldn't care what scum like that think about anything, let alone me or anyone I know, in fact if they're having a go at something about me, that makes me happy cos I'd worry more if any of them liked me. So let it go, it's only 90 minutes and if you can get through it without reacting to any of their comments then you're a better person.

The other thing to do is keep telling people when they've done something good, if one of their attacks has come to nothing, be vocal about our good defending, good passing, etc... As that keeps our spirits up and knocks theirs down a bit each time. You can see it happen from the side lines, cos the same happens if they start doing it. Congratulate each other on the good things and motivate each other if they start getting cocky. Do not shy away from it, you don't have to confront them or fight them, you just don't need to hide either.