Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I reckon that must be the hardest level to manage. Sod the pressures of the Premiership, I could handle that with a 7-figure salary, but you think the pressure is any less if you manage Walton & Hersham FC and earn £17,000 a year? You end up in the same place if you're 2nd from bottom at Christmas, you just don't have as much dosh to spend to cheer yourself up.

Give me the role of turning around Blackburn's fortunes at the bottom of the Prem anyday above taking over AFC Wimbledon 8 points clear in the Ryman Div 1 with 2 games in hand... And give me the accompanying paycheque too. Even if Hughes gets sacked after 3 games he'll still have earned more than Dave Anderson (successful AFC boss) gets in a year.

The real money these days is in sex. I'm off to shag David Beckham and sell my story to the paper.