Tuesday, September 07, 2004

What the hell is going on here?!

Paul has no muscle problems, Shane is giving Churchill-esqe speaches making me well up and want to wear my Shefford shirt to work, and Beeny seems to be suggesting he is moving to Essex! After all I've told him about it!

Shefford is the best Sunday league team I've played for, no question. Admittedly, before Shefford I had only played for Clacton Town Under 12's in 1993 (Yes, I was 11 in 1993, I know some of you bastards were planning your pension payments then). My crowning moment was when I dived across the goal line at a free kick to head the ball off the line...before carrying on and headbutting the post, leaving me concussed! This was the same team which got thrown out of the league thanks to the manager and two of the parents (one of which was the managers cousin's husband) fighting about team selection on the sideline two weeks running.

Enough.