Monday, September 27, 2004

So do you think lifting that 2-pinter all on your own did the damage then Smurf?

Great result yesterday gents - I've heard from a couple of you that we "should have scored more" but I'd rather have a 4-1 win and miss a load of chances than a 4-1 win where we scored every chance we made. Sorry I couldn't be there to see it past the first few minutes, but my commitments that have kept me away for the last two weeks are now finished, so I will be back on your arses next week. Sorry as well that I missed yet another Paul Curtis goal, and yet another Dave Lewis hat-trick, to finally nab the top scorer spot. Sorry I missed Beeny's triumphant return to the squad. Anything to help my squad selection is well appreciated James, and you saved a goal which might have made the end of the game a little more stressful for everyone, so well done. Obviously you knew that Smurf would save the penalty.

As for a goalkeeper - I was gonna play next weekend anyway cos Smurf was away whatever. However after that we have some tough league games coming up, so if anyone knows of a decent keeper who wants 3 or 4 games in a row then get him in touch and we'll sign him up. I don't mind playing on Sunday but would rather have a proper keeper for the league games. That said, 2 of our best league victories have come whilst I've been in goal - probably due to the defence not wanting to let any shots come towards me - but I'd rather have a proper keeper if anyone knows of one...