Thursday, September 30, 2004

Hey I'm all for what Beeny did - especially knowing that Smurf would save the penalty. Much rather have gone down to 10 men and dropped Neil back into midfield and someone back into leftback but keep the 2 goal lead than drop to a 1 goal lead and still have 11 men on the pitch. Goals change games, getting men sent off doesn't necessarily do the same. If we'd been 5-0 up or 5-0 down then maybe not, but at 3-1 to be pegged back to 3-2, especially against a team that had come back from 3-0 down against us once before, I say well done Beeny but pay up son. After Sinless at Blackpool last year that's the 2nd most expensive use of your right hand eh?

As for whatever Paul did, I wish I'd seen it, but if the ref said he stays on the pitch, that's okay with me. Perhaps looking at the age of the player he thought it really was the hand of God.

I'd just be interested to see what happens with Beeny's ban - if he'd punched someone or done a bad tackle then fair enough, but to miss 5 weeks for a hand ball seems a little harsh to me. There's a slight chance that the ref will understand that and not send it through - but that's clutching at straws a little. Will have to wait and see.

No info about Sunday yet, but as soon as I have anything I'll let you all know.