Monday, September 20, 2004

Goes back to the old philosophy - it's okay to lose matches, you can still enjoy it if you lose, but only if you've given everything you've got and still been beaten.

I'm there Sunday. The details have changed though, we are now playing away at Shalbourne - if there's anything to bring back happy Shefford memories it'll be visiting that ground again.

We're gonna take a break this Thursday - no training. Our last two training sessions have been pretty much a waste of time because of running out of light and, to be honest, I've been knackered and unwilling to drive people on. It's difficult for me to be standing there yelling at people to track back etc when I'm not able to myself - I'll see how it goes when we move indoors, but it might be that I need to hang up the boots and just assume a coaching role so that I can yell at you without feeling like a bit of a hypocrate. No, I don't think I'm a big animal that lives in Africa. I can still play in goal if needed, but maybe being out on pitch is a bit ambitious and we've got a big enough squad these days to compensate. So if anyone (not you Genghis) feels they'd like a shot at being reserve striker, let me know.

So, here's the deal...

1. The Travellers Friend defeat, I totally understand why we didn't look so hot in the second half - but on the positive side until our heads went down we were faring very well even into the wind. Looked good going forwards and created some good chances. So it's only been 1 bad performance in a row really.

2. Hampstead Norreys - I'll take responsibility for Sunday's defeat, I should have been there or I should have pushed us all harder in the last two training sessions, can't expect everyone to just turn up, switch on and play to the level needed in this division. No matter how good you are everybody still needs direction. Forget about it and lets concentrate on moving forward.

3. No training on Thursday, let's have a rest and catch our breath.

4. Sunday at Shalbourne we start our season. But beware, cos if performances don't show a rapid improvement, we may alternate weeks indoors with weeks outdoors... And it's getting cold.

Forget Sunday, think about Sunday. I could have worded that better eh?

Smurf, who's Danny Thingymajig that knows your parents and wants a signing on form?