Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Well, within the first minute their leftback (my mate) scored one of the best volleys I've ever seen, trouble is it was into his own net. Then Neil ran through and deftly lifted the ball over the keeper and it all looked like it might be quite embarassing. So we switched off a bit and they scored, probably because I was in defence, but we just didn't look like we could defend corners very well, they had a string of 2 corners and scored on the 2nd one.

Then I can't really remember how the goals went in, Dave was causing them all sorts of problems, but tended to just not get the run of the ball like he normally does. Then I feinted the keeper to score a peach, then some other people scored, then I swapped with Smurf in goal so he could have a go out on pitch. Now, sit down, cos you won't believe the next few lines.

I hoyed the ball upfield from a goal kick and Lewis attached himself to it. Then he, er, well he, only one way to describe it, passed. And a good pass too, to Smurf, putting him clear, one on one with the keeper for his first outfield touch. And he missed. Never seen so many people all wanting to win but still breathing a sigh of relief to see the ball go wide.

But true to form he picked himself up and a few minutes later Lewis took a corner. I know. And it sailed across for Smurf to rise like a keeper at the far post and absolutely power a header into the corner of the net. I had the Sky camera angle view of the goal and in all fairness it was a peach.

Then Adam wanted a piece of the pie and I think again from a Lewis cross he did a Zola-esque back heel jobbie to flick the ball up and into the net. People were stopping on the road cos they thought it was a fruit stall there were so many peaches.

So there you go, no goals, but a good old Lewis contribution. Neil could have had a couple more himself too, he was back to his good old self running absolute rings round em. Matt Atkins also went on a few searching runs around players too.

Then they got a scuffed deflected shot which I didn't even bother to dive for. And that was pretty much it.