Friday, April 16, 2004

Well I'm glad that a) you were serious about it and b) you've decided against it - one more season shouldn't hurt eh? But I know how it feels when it starts aching a little bit more after each game. Why not just give your knees a complete rest over the summer and see how they heal up? Other than next Saturday cos we need you and it'll be a laugh. Then we'll see how it goes through the season and if after Christmas you're feeling like it might be your last season then we can start eyeing up other keepers for signing for the season after. You'll obviously still be reserve keeper even then eh? Would be a big boost to the squad to know that if our normal keeper can't turn up then we've got you as stand in.

Glad you changed your mind mate, like I said, you were the first new player I brought in cos I knew that goalie was one of our problem positions holding the whole team back, so it sparked the meteoric rise that has become Shefford legend, forever to be talked about in Thatcham, Reading, Basingstoke and Taunton. Pretty much anywhere except Shefford.

Plus I've already lost Rob and John Lamb (?) so I don't think the squad could take losing the keeper as well without serious consequences. I've got Adam and Neil back which should balance things out, but we've all seen how some weeks you're left without much in the way of squad.

Had no contact from Partick so no game this weekend, but next Saturday 12.30pm kick off at Henwick. Smurf's return debut.