Sunday, April 18, 2004

Damn right Im gonna disagree with Mr. Atkins about the fitness thing! Matty, you know those parts of the matches when you are standing by the touchline desperate for breath whilst I am running up and down the pitch and covering your ass on the wing...? Thats the fitness aspect coming into play....And as for all of you calling my Goal of the Season contenders wind-assisted...you were all on the pitch as well that day and, although we scored 11, I didnt see any of you score goals of that quality! Besides, I think my one against WKD, the team moving and passing goal, was better...To be honest though, the reason I really like those goals against Shelbourne was because, 2 mins before kick off, Shane had been telling his mate who was visiting that I couldnt shoot (which is fair comment)...good to see the manager knows his players! ;-)

By the way Matty, who do you bank with? If its HSBC, you better keep a close eye on your account....

Didnt get to have the promised piss up with Cottee, McAvennie etc. I did sit down with them and Billy and have a drink after the match whilst my mate interviewed them. McAvennie said he was going on the piss in London, Cottee was going for a meal with some bloke, and Billy, well Billy's Mum lives in Jaywick (tiny place down the road from Clacton) so he was going back to hers.....hardcore.