Thursday, December 04, 2003

Shefford Christmas Thing - this year looks like it's the 21st December, no matter what we're actually doing that day. Whatever the Halfway guys are doing we'll probably arrange to at least meet up in a pub with them at some point, but they might just tag along from the start - I dunno whether Steve and Kirsten want to take them out for a meal or something. But is everyone happy with that? Basically means we don't have to change anything we do, but the more the merrier and you can try and cop off with the barmaids and waitresses... One word of warning though, Vicky (not Smurf's sister, the other one) is now going out with Phil the chef, so she's well out of bounds, partly cos he's my mate and partly cos he knows how to use a knife and I'm running out of squad members.

Finally, what are people's thoughts on, in the case that there's going to be quite a lot of us, that we don't try to exclude the lady-friends (I'm not talking about Steve T's new gang) I mean our better halves? There's a chance Julie will be out with the Halfway lot so I don't want to be seen to be making one rule for one, one rule for another, etc... If it were up to me I'd just have a boys night out, but I reckon if there's enough of us and if it's up to you whether you bring a bird or not then the night shouldn't be too stilted if your wife or girlfriend is there. What with Smurf's stag night it's not as though we're running short on boys nights recently, and we can always arrange something in Feb/March next year maybe a night at Jongleurs - beer, comedy, nightclub place...

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the Christmas thing, and I'm completely open minded about it so just say what you feel. And yes, I know you feel hungry Smurf...