Thursday, December 11, 2003

I'll take some of the blame for Shalbourne because they changed their formation at half time and we probably should have reacted to that earlier than we did. But in my defence, it's really difficult to see the shape of the game when you're running the line, it's possibly the worst angle of all to watch from, and at the same time as they changed tactics, some of our players started playing the worst I've ever seen them, so it was difficult to tell whether a change in formation would have worked, considering we couldn't kick the ball anyway.

As it is, it's always a big decision to change your tactics to match the other team, particularly when we're ahead, but I guess they were overrunning us for some time before they scored, so maybe I should have pulled Neil back towards midfield earlier than I did (5 minutes to go). Still, we're all learning and this is all good for when you guys get too old to play anymore and move into management.

My legs still ache from playing in goal on Sunday.