Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Well I managed to go for a run yesterday, in the dark too so plenty of ankle and knee jolting moments along Shefford's country lanes. I have pulled my left hamstring right up in the bit that goes up around my butt-tock and it hurts. I find I'm in the least pain if I keep moving, but I agree if you asked me to play another game now, I would say no. As for Thursday, I'm not going to be there but I'll tell Mikey to take it steady, I think 120 minutes of football is enough fitness work for 1 week, though a few gentle jogs might be good to stretch things out again.

Mikey last time you were in charge against Cold Ash it was not a nice day. I expect the scoreline to be the same, just the other way around this Sunday, I accept nothing less. With that defence and that goalie, we should be able to shut them out. And Neil and Dave can score against anyone. I shall be listening to the radio on Sunday afternoon - may even be able to get back from Jersey in time to join you all at the pub.