Monday, September 29, 2003

You even had a little penalty appeal as well didn't you Paul... saw your arms fly up in the air - the secret to a good dive is to have at least one arm going to the ground, makes the fall look much more natural. Obviously I don't condone diving in the slightest.

But yes, great game, though the more I think about the game the more I think they might have just been utter pap. Remember the way Matty skinned their players on the left in the second half, feinting a cross then pulling the ball around them as they jumped to block it? If any of you guys had done that I'd have been yelling at you and looking at my subs bench. But, like when we played against 9 men, it's still a job that had to be done, and to give you credit, I think you made them shitter than they were by being as good as you were, so I guess I'm saying well done. And missed chances aren't a problem when you win 5-1. When you draw 0-0 or lose 2-1 then they become a problem, and it was great to see some lovely flowing football and people looking for the right types of balls through to Neil and Dave, the more we get into that habit, the better the balls become.

Quick notes to Dave Lewis (obviously), Neil and Beany for great games. Adam and John S in the first half playing centre mid like they'd played together there for years and Browny and John L for coming on for half an hour and taking no time to settle in and carry on where the other two had left off. Best team performance for a long time.